"The perfect pair. A dragon that isn't a dragon and a king that isn't a king.""Giants vs. Dwarves" is the fifth episode of Season 2. It aired on January 17, 2016.
Galavant is fed up with Richard after he trades the Jewel of Valencia for a dragon and travels to find the giants on his own. They are not at all what he expected but are willing to help under one condition – he must help them defeat the dwarves. When they met face to face, Galavant is in for not one but two surprises. Roberta steps in to help bring both men to their senses and attempts to resolve the issues between the dwarves and giants. Gareth tells Sid about his feelings for Madalena. Sid warns Gareth against confessing his feelings, but he is determined, which ultimately leads to a dangerous situation for one of the men. Wormwood sends Isabella to Princess Jubilee’s palace to hand deliver her invitation to her wedding. Things don’t go as planned especially when the crown on Isabella’s head is accidentally broken.
- Joshua Sasse as Gary Galavant
- Timothy Omundson as Richard
- Vinnie Jones as Gareth
- Mallory Jansen as Madalena
- Karen David as Isabella Maria Lucia Elisabetta
- Luke Youngblood as Sid
- Genevieve Allenbury as Queen of Valencia
- Stanley Townsend as King of Valencia
- Clare Foster as Roberta Steingas
- Nick Frost as Andre
- Muzz Khan as Barry
- Robert Lindsay as Chester Wormwood
- Sheridan Smith as Princess Jubilee
- Owen Brazendale as Titan
- Stewart James as Dwarf Scott
- Chris Patrick-Simpson as Tim
- James Rockey as Jubilee Guard
- Will Teller as Giant Jeremy
- The leader of the giants is named Andre. Andre the Giant starred in "The Princess Bride," which creator Dan Fogelman has openly acknowledged as the inspiration for "Galavant."
- Tad Cooper was portrayed by an iguana named Bruce. The series was shot during winter in England, so the cold-blooded reptile had to be rushed to a hot water bottle for warmth between takes.
- The song "Dwarves Vs Giants" is based on "Quintet" from "West Side Story," which is Galavant choreographer Ashley Wallen's favorite musical.
- Andre (Nick Frost) appears at the beginning of the song "Dwarves vs Giants" and then vanishes until the battle at the end of the sequence.